The global market for platelet rich plasma (PRP) has experienced an immense rise over the past few years. The rising incidence of orthopedic diseases as well as sports injuries has propelled the need for surgeries, which has resulted in a surge of demand for PRP therapies. The increasing demand for cosmetic surgeries has also boosted the global market for PRP to a great extent.
- Here is a snapshot of recent trends and activities of the worldwide PRP market.
- The P-PRP segment leads the global PRP market at present.
- In 2013, it has acquired more than 60% of the overall market.
- The L-PRF segment is expected to report the fastest growth in the near future. The property of leukocytes to fasten the healing process of wounds and injuries is the key factor, stimulating the growth.
- The orthopedic surgery market has emerged as the leading application segment in the global PRP market.
- It held around 30% of the overall market in 2013.
- The cosmetic surgeries market is also projected to report impressive development in the coming years.
- On the basis of origin, the autologus PRP segment led the global market in 2013. However, the allogenic PRP segment is poised to dominate the market in the near future.
- North America is the leading regional market for PRP at present.
- It occupied a majority share in the total revenue generated by the global PRP market in 2013.
- The North America PRP market is likely to maintain its dominance over the next few years.
- The Asia Pacific PRP market, on the other hand, is projected to report the highest growth rate in the forthcoming years.
AdiStem Ltd., Arthrex Inc., Arteriocyte Medical Systems Inc., Biomet Inc., DePuy Synthes Inc., Cesca Therapeutics Inc., Nuo Therapeutics Inc., Dr. PRP America LLC, Exactech Inc., EmCyte Corp., Harvest Technologies Corp., Regen Lab SA, and Stryker Corp. are the major players operating in the global PRP market.