Americans have no problem being stylish on a cheap budget


Published Date : Jul 23, 2014

Most Americans have no problem to being stylish on the cheap and that is because according to a recent survey that resulted new polls on fashion says, majority of the population think one does not need a lot of money to be stylish. 

On the contrary, about 86 percent of the Marist College respondents find it possible to be stylish on an average budget, and the other 14 percent feel keeping up with the changing fashion requires grave amount of money. 

There were a variety of polls stating different opinions regarding fashion. Some said looking cool with low cash is not a problem. A large percentage of the population think Americans pay a lot of attention to the fashion in the U.S., whereas, the rest 68 percent felt they are overdoing on the appearance. However, a majority of the population (approximately 55 percent) felt that dressing up is a crucial part of our life and it defines our identity in many ways. 

Senior research associate, Sue Kenney at Marist Poll, said although Americans pay attention to these petty issues, it is not that small after all. Waking up each morning to figuring out wearing the right apparel is not an easy decision. 

Americans spend approximately $1700 on households such as, footwear, apparel, and other products and services. People in the state of Manhattan are fashion frenzies, spending approximately $362 a month on different apparel. In contradiction, the people in Tucson, Ariz spend $131 a month, at the least.

Speaking of job creation in the American fashion industry, there has been a decline by more than 80 percent in the past two decades. This 80 percent sums about 900,000 to 150,000 jobs.

Nevertheless, a gamut of events such as the Fashion Week in New York bags around $20 million into the state’s economy during that event. The Fashion week is for all the fashion stylists where over 232,000 people attend the event every year. 

According to the recent statistics, the entire textile and clothing industry (including, clothing, footwear, textiles, and luxury goods) totals up to $2.6 trillion a year business.