The rising utilization of motion sensors within the gaming industry and their rising application in smartphones and the automotive industry are amongst the chief factors fuelling the market for motion sensors. In terms of type, the market for motion sensors is segmented into micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS) magnetometer, MEMS gyroscope, MEMS accelerometer, sensor combos, and ultrasonic sensors.
Motion sensors are a very important weapon within the home security arsenal. The main function of a motion sensor is presenting enhanced security against burglars in houses. This is in case if the alarm systems get breached some way or the other. This will enable an alarm call for police assistance, hence providing safety. The top rated motion detectors nowadays have been highlighted as under:
- Honeywell Ademco AURORA PIR Motion Sensor: This type of a sensor has a thoroughly silent relay operation and is also pet immune for upto forty pounds, and comprises the split-zone optics technology.
- Leviton ODC0S-I1W Self-Contained Ceiling-Mount Occupancy Sensor: This sensor comprises an excellent 360 degrees field having approximately 530 sq. ft coverage in case it is mounted at eight ft. It also comprises a customized delayed off time ranging between 20 secs to fifteen minutes, and has a unique operating temperature that is somewhere between 31 and 122 degrees F.
- RAB Lighting STL200W Stealth Sensor: This sensor is a very advanced system owing to its unique features absent in a number of other motion sensors including radio frequency immunity, temperature compensation, 200 degrees detection pattern, 6000 volt surge protection, and custom applications.
- Skylink PS-434A Motion Sensor: This is an accurate and a highly reliable sensor which is extremely easy to install. This sensor features a big motion detection range of upto forty feet by 110 degree arc and also has a technology of false alarm prevention.
- DT7235T DUAL TEC Motion Sensor: This sensor provides a reliable detection having 100 lb. It comprises features such as quick and easy installation, patent false alarm prevention capabilities, and animal immunity.
Thus, the increasing proliferation of various types of motion sensors is poised to augment the market. Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Microchip Technology, Inc. (United States), Invensense Inc. (United States), Memsic Inc. (United States), and NXP Semiconductors N.V. (The Netherlands), among others are the prime players dominant in the market.