Mothers in Ghana Being Cautioned Against Youngsters Ingesting Harmful Chemicals


Published Date : Sep 07, 2015

Mr Kwaku Ennin, an Environmental Health Specialist, has flagged the requirement for ecological experts and medicinal professionals to shape basic association to teach moms on the harmful impacts of destructive chemicals and their adequate handling.  This returns on the surging instances of youngsters ingesting such chemicals bringing about throat, stomach injuries, and fatalities. These chemicals are mistaken as water and are ingested by young children. 

The Chief Executive officer (CEO) at Zeal Environmental Technologies Limited, named Mr Ennin, was talking when $20,000 Endoscopy machines were given to the Pediatric Surgery Unit at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, where such youngsters are dealt with. As indicated by accessible statistics at the Unit, 55 youngsters from the ages of one to 16 years have following 2012 experienced treatment, with 16 of them being operated.

He said the time has sought specialists to pull together to convey their ability to the denied ladies who in a frenzied offer to better their financial circumstances participate in soap-making and different organizations with the chemicals as crude materials. The Takoradi-based CEO, a year ago gave GHc 50,000.00 for supporting a child surgery. The Pediatric Surgeon responsible for the Unit, named Dr Michael Amoah, expressed gratitude toward the contributor for the signal and said it is one of the experienced needs which would help with overseeing and watching over the patients. 

He said the blazing vibe of a percentage of the chemicals when drank, are never felt in the mouth until it comes to far down the throat and at that point it has  already officially entered the framework. The Director of Pharmacy, named Mr Anthony Mensah, and the Nursing Director, named Mrs Patience Yeboah-Ampong, were close by to get the blessing