Tunisia: 4G Network Expansion and Fiber-Optic Infrastructure Development to Drive Telecom Growth
"Tunisia: 4G Network Expansion and Fiber-Optic Infrastructure Development to Drive Telecom Growth," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tunisia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2016, Tunisia will generate total telecom service revenue of $1.4bn (or 3.3% of its nominal GDP), a decrease of 3.4% over 2015, due to local currency depreciation. Mobile voice will continue to be the largest revenue-contributing segment (53.1%) in 2016, with its share expected to decline to 49.2% by 2021. Mobile data will grow at a CAGR of 1.5% over 2016-2021, aided by the continuing expansion of 4G services and the growing adoption of smartphones, data bundles and value-added services. MNOs should focus on offering value-added services and low-cost bundled plans as smartphone penetration continues to increase.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Tunisia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Tunisia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Tunisia's telecommunication market.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Tunisia is estimated to generate $1.4bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 0.1% during 2016-2021.
- Mobile revenue will account for 82.9% of total telecom revenue in 2021.
- The Tunisia telecom market will be dominated by Ooredoo Tunisie and Tunisie Telecom. Operators will continue to focus on 4G coverage expansions, deployment of fiber-optic networks and offering innovative and attractive data plans to stimulate data adoption.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Tunisia's telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Tunisia's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Tunisia's telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Tunisia.