The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights, including:
- In-depth analysis of wealth management strategies adopted by Indian banking and financial institutions
- How companies in India are adopting marketing strategies to succeed in the wealth management industry
- Key trends and drivers supporting the growth of the wealth management industry in India
- Challenges faced by companies in the Indian wealth management industry
- Company-wise analysis of marketing strategies and product offerings in the wealth management industry
Indias GDP grew at an annual growth rate of 8% in 2011 and has a strong growth outlook. This makes the country an attractive investment location for wealth management firms. India has the main components that comprise a high-growth wealth management market, including: a very large and young affluent customer base, an improving wealth situation among global Indians, a goal to more tightly regulate financial services by the Indian government, and an increasing share of organized companies compared to the unorganized workforce. India currently has the fourth-largest number of high net worth individuals (HNWIs) in the Asia-Pacific region, after Japan, China and Australia. There were over 250,000 HNWIs in India, which cumulatively owned assets that valued over US$1 trillion in 2011. The volume of HNWIs in India increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.20% during the review period (20072011), while the total HNWI wealth increased in value at a CAGR of 2.47%.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the Indian wealth management industry, including market sizing by asset classification
- The report highlights various asset classes available for HNIs and also classifies the investment made by the HNIs in each of the mentioned asset classes
- It also provides an analysis of marketing strategies used by banking and financial services companies in India
- The report provides a detailed understanding of the product offerings of banking and asset management companies
- It also provides insights into the strategies that companies can adopt to succeed in the industry to strengthen market position
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth insight into the wealth management industry and the strategies used in India.
- Understand the various market dynamics of the wealth management industry in India.
- Take informed decisions and formulate effective strategies based on the reports detailed market insights on Indian wealth management.
- Understand the growth strategies adopted by key companies.
- HNWIs in India are expected to increase their number of equity asset allocations over the forecast period, while reducing their number of fixed-income and cash assets.
- As the wealth management market in India matures, Indian HNWIs are expected to significantly increase their investments in sophisticated wealth alternatives, such as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital.
- The regulatory environment in the Indian wealth management market is evolving, which presents opportunities for established wealth managers to expand their product and service offerings in the country. The government is planning to implement regulations covering fiduciary duties and investor protection.
- Commercial banks, private wealth management companies and asset management companies in India are adopting various marketing strategies to become successful in the Indian wealth management market.
- Indias wealth management market is highly fragmented, which is not surprising as it is in an early stage of development. The organized service providers, such as commercial banks and wealth management companies, have so far focused mainly on the urban population, leaving an underexplored customer base of approximately one-fifth.