Cigarettes in Kuwait, 2017
"Cigarettes in Kuwait, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Kuwait market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Kuwait had a population of 2.83 million in 2015 and is one of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states. The Kuwaiti cigarette market has been growing strongly in recent years and stood at 5.90 billion pieces in 2016, 253% above levels at the beginning of the 1990s. The incidence of smoking is high, standing at an estimated 22.9% in 2016. Smoking amongst men is 35.1% but remains low among women at 3.8%. Kuwaits high expat population partly explains this high level incidence amongst males.
- Per capita consumption, estimated at 2,085 pieces per year in 2016, is high by regional standards and 166% ahead of levels in 1990.
- Filter cigarettes account for 100% of sales, with king size lengths by far the most popular with around 90% of sales.
- There is growing demand for 1mg strength cigarettes which comprise over 10% of sales in Kuwait.
- With no local manufacturers, Kuwait is entirely supplied by imports.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.