Wealth in France: HNW Investors 2017
"Wealth in France: HNW Investors 2017" analyzes the French investment market, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Almost a third of French HNW investors have generated their wealth through being a first-generation entrepreneur. Inheritance ranks second as a source of wealth, and 46% of French investors attribute their fortune to the property and financial services sectors, reflective of market demand and stability. When opting to have wealth managed by a professional, French HNW clients are mostly driven by a lack of time and expertise. However, clients who self-direct their portfolios show a strong reluctance to relinquish complete control. Equities are the preferred asset class, followed by property and bonds. Demand is quite pronounced for tax advice, but financial planning services demand is forecast to grow at a faster pace.
Specifically the report -
- Sizes the affluent market (both by number of individuals and their demographics) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by French investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients attitudes towards non-liquid investments such as property and commodities.
- Equities and property make up the majority of French HNW portfolios. However, demand for alternative investments is expected to increase rapidly over the next year, while bonds have a significantly weaker outlook.
- Frances HNW individuals are most likely to choose discretionary mandates. However, despite a strong preference for professional management nearly 30% opt for execution-only mandates, which is in stark contrast to the regional average.
- Over 7% of French HNW individuals are expats, and most of them come from neighboring countries such as the UK and Belgium.
Reasons to buy
- Benchmark your share of the French wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2020.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in France.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the French tax system will impact HNW clients.