Cigarettes in Kazakhstan, 2016
"Cigarettes in Kazakhstan, 2016", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Kazakhstan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Kazakhstan is one of the larger republics that emerged after the break-up of the former Soviet Union, with a large land area and a population of over 18 million. Despite the effects of the economic difficulties, increased taxes, high non-duty paid sales and a tightening of restrictions on tobacco consumption, per capita cigarettes sales remained relatively high at 989 pieces in 2014: 2.1% above 1990. However the impact of increasing restrictions on smoking as well as further rises in prices is expected to result in a decline in sales with 2025 volumes forecasted to end at 12.28 billion pieces, 27.8% down on 2015.
- The market has historically been dominated by domestically produced cigarettes accounting for around 97% of domestic consumption from 1999 to 2004.
- After the break-up of the Soviet Union, local production struggled to meet demand and imports flooded into the market with heavy FDI resulting in local cigarette manufacturing capacity exceeding market demand.
- This led multinational players producing in Kazakhstan to use their facilities as a regional hub for other Central Asian markets.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.