Cigarettes in Cameroon, 2017
"Cigarettes in Cameroon, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Cameroon market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cameroon is a relatively small market for cigarettes and one that has suffered from the problem of contraband for many years. Volumes in 2015 were up 4.8% down 1990 levels at 3.05 billion pieces with the legitimate market under threat from non-duty paid sales. Per capita sales reflect the problems caused by this sector and stood down at 128 pieces per person in 2015, low by African standards, and 52.4% down on 1990 levels.
- Despite the cigarette market contracting somewhat in recent years, volumes grew by an estimated 2.0% in 2015 to 3.05 billion pieces.
- Forecasts for 2016 are for a further 3.0% expansion in sales to 3.14 billion pieces.
- GlobalData estamtes that there were 2.54 million smokers in Cameroon in 2016 equating to 20.5% of the adult population.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.