Cigarettes in DR Congo, 2017
"Cigarettes in DR Congo, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette sales have suffered from a combination of economic difficulties, a rise in non-duty paid sales, and the effects of the recent civil war. The result was initially a decline to a low of 2,762 million pieces in 1999. Since 2000, the market has rebounded; sales were up at 6.60 billion pieces by the end of 2016, 83.3% ahead of 1990. With strong population growth, per capita sales have fallen by 12% over the same period to 81 pieces in 2016, low by African standards and down on 122 pieces in 2005.
- Despite overall cigarettes market growth of 78.3% between 1990 and 2015, per capita consumption fell by 12%.
- Average cigarette consumption remains low at 81 pieces in 2016.
- Filter cigarettes dominate with 85% of sales.
- Virginia blends and local dark cigarettes are popular.
- Production is almost entirely geared towards meeting the needs of the domestic market.
- Output was estimated to be down at three billion pieces in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.