Cigarettes in Armenia, 2017
"Cigarettes in Armenia, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Armenia was a major source of tobacco products in the former Soviet Union and its aromatic tobaccos were widely prized. Cigarette production collapsed after independence as the state-owned ArmTabak went to the wall. During recent years, Armenia has benefited from strong economic growth. Legitimate consumption is estimated at 4.40 billion pieces in 2016, down 12.3% on 1990 levels. Per capita consumption is high, averaging 1,443 pieces/year in 2016 and 2.0% up on 1990.
- On the basis of legitimate trade and the total population, per capita consumption averaged 1,475 pieces/year in 2015, 4.2% up on 1990 levels.
- Forecasts for 2016 are for per capita consumption of 1,443 pieces.
- Western brands are reported to be widely available, with PMI the best-represented foreign manufacturer, with 19% of the local market in 2015 followed by JTI with 15%.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.