Cigarettes in Azerbaijan, 2017
"Cigarettes in Azerbaijan, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Azerbaijan is one of the more significant cigarette markets that emerged following the break-up of the former Soviet Union in the early 1990s. The market has been characterized by widely fluctuating levels of consumption of legitimate cigarettes year-on-year although underlying consumption has been rising and the benefits of relatively strong GDP growth have filtered down into higher personal disposable incomes. Although volumes were up by 3.5% in 2012 they fell by 11.6% as a consequence of rising prices during 2013 to 13.02 billion pieces. Volumes were up again, by 7.2% in 2014 before collapsing 54.9% in 2015 as a consequence of a hike in excise duty. Volumes are forecast to reach 7,000 million pieces in 2016.
- Legitimate cigarette sales are expected to increase over the coming decade following their recent collapse.
- Nevertheless, growth will be tempered by the effects of tighter restrictions and likely higher prices affect sales.
- Volumes in 2026 are forecast at 9.8 billion pieces, 20.2% up on 2015 levels.
- Per capita consumption is set to end 2026 up 30.2% at 923 pieces.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.