Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - Q4 2016
GlobalData's Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - Q4 2016, report is an essential source of data and trend analysis on partnerships, licensing, mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and financings in the pharmaceuticals industry. The report provides detailed information on partnership and licensing transactions, M&As, equity/debt offerings, private equity, and venture financing registered in the pharmaceuticals industry in Q4 2016. The report portrays detailed comparative data on the number of deals and their value in the last five quarters, subdivided by deal types, various therapy areas, and geographies. Additionally, the report provides information on the top financial advisory firms in the pharmaceuticals industry.
Data presented in this report is derived from GlobalDatas proprietary in-house Pharmaceuticals eTrack deals database and primary and secondary research.
The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry reported a decrease in the number of deals and deal values in Q4 2016 with 986 deals worth USD81.7 billion, as compared 1,194 worth USD85.9 billion in Q4 2015. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, the number of deals and deal values decreased in Q4 2016, when compared to 1,009 deals worth USD112.6 billion in Q3 2016. The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry reported a decrease in upfront payments in licensing agreements with USD1 billion in Q4 2016, as compared USD1.6 billion in Q4 2015. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, the upfront payments reported an increase in Q4 2016, when compared to USD589.2m in Q3 2016. Deals in oncology therapeutics market registered an increase with 339 deals in Q4 2016, compared to 330 deals in Q3 2016. North America registered a decrease in the number of deals with 630 deals in Q4 2016, compared to 690 deals in Q3 2016.
- Analysis of the market trends for the pharmaceutical industry in the global arena.
- Review of deal trends in the cardiovascular, central nervous system, dermatology, ear nose throat disorders, gastrointestinal, genito urinary system and sex hormones, hematological disorders, hormonal disorders, immunology, infectious disease, male health, metabolic disorders, mouth and dental disorders, musculoskeletal, oncology, ophthalmology, respiratory, toxicology, and women's health segments.
- Analysis of partnerships, licensing, M&As, equity/debt offerings, private equity, and venture financing deals in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Analysis of therapy areas which are very active in terms of venture capital financing, partnerships, licensing agreements, equity/debt offerings, and M&As.
- Analysis of deals based on different payment modes, including upfront and milestone payments, primarily in partnerships and licensing agreements in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Analysis of partnership and licensing deals based on clinical stage of development of products.
- Summary of the pharmaceutical deals globally in the five quarters.
- Information on the top deals happened in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Geographies covered include - North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South & Central America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- League tables of financial advisors in M&As and equity/debt offerings. This includes key advisors such as Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and Goldman Sachs.
Reasons to buy
- Enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner.
- Find out the major deal performing segments for investments in your industry.
- Evaluate the types of companies which are entering into partnership or licensing agreements; divesting and acquiring assets.
- Identify companies that are aggressively looking to raise capital in the market
- Evaluate niche therapy areas that are receiving majority of the upfront and milestone payments in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Identify the key venture capitalists, who are financing the pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Evaluate the clinical development stages where majority of the partnerships and licensing agreements are happening.
- Do deals with an understanding of how competitors are financed, and the mergers and partnerships that have shaped the pharmaceutical industry.
- Identify growth segments and opportunities in each region within the industry.
- Look for key financial advisors where you are planning to raise capital from the market or for acquisitions within the industry.