Bedroom Textiles, 2017
The "Bedroom Textiles, 2017", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides forecasts to 2022.
The bedroom textiles market is forecast to grow steadily to 2022. This is mainly due to the essential nature of bedroom textiles and the need to regularly replace items.
The bedroom textiles market is vulnerable to price fluctuations; rising import costs and increased demand for insulating materials such as goose and duck down as well as Egyptian cotton have caused prices of bedroom textiles to rise in 2017.
This has led to a decline in volume growth for items such as pillows and duvets as well as discretionary items such as cushions and throws, causing growth of the overall bedroom textiles market to dampen slightly in 2017.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- The key issues
- Market, retailer and consumer headlines
- Market sizes and predictions for growth
- In-depth profiles of the key retailers
- Where people shop
- Why people shop
- Average spend at a product category level
- Channel usage research and payment
- Department stores, such as John Lewis and Marks & Spencer, homewares specialists such as Dunelm and grocers such as ASDA have a high share of the bedroom textiles market.
- However, all three of these groups of retailers are coming under threat from retailer categories with high share growth such as general merchandisers and clothing specialists.
- Argos has grown its share of the market with a strong multichannel strategy and the opening of concession stores in Sainsbury's supermarkets, increasing its reach. Clothing specialists including Zara, Primark and Next's investment in home retail have been influential in driving sales of affordable fashion and trend-led textiles, something that will continue as retailers expand accessibility of their home offers. H&M recently announced it is to open standalone Home stores.
- Duvet covers and bedroom accessories have particularly benefitted from the rise of fashion players, as these may offer cheaper ways of
- updating the look of a bedroom as oppoosed to purchasing more expensive items such as furniture and floorcoverings.
- 80.2% shoppers bought bedroom textiles for the purpose of replacement. Retailers can increase sales of bedroom textiles by educating shoppers on the health and hygiene benefits of replacing textiles such as pillows and duvets every few years. Marketing the importance of a good quality night's sleep can encourage shoppers to trade-up to more premium and higher value items.
Reasons to buy
- Utilise our five-year market size and growth forecasts to 2022 for the total market, individual sub-categories, online penetration and channels of distribution to enable targeted investment in high performing areas.
- Identify the major retailers in the bedroom textiles market, market shares 2013-2017 and future performance prospects.
- Utilise our in-depth analysis of how and why each retailer is performing as it is in the market to allow for benchmarking and provide a strategic advantage.
- Recognise which consumers to target and how to drive spend from them by utilising our shopper penetration data and understanding what influences their retailer selection and spending motivations.
- Understand how the online channel will impact upon bedroom textiles by using our online penetration and expenditure forecasts and analysis on channels and online fulfilment.