Cigarettes in Ethiopia, 2017
"Cigarettes in Ethiopia, 2017" is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Ethiopian cigarette market has suffered from fluctuating fortunes since 1990, although current trends show strong expansion as improvements in supply are made by Ethiopia's only manufacturer, National Tobacco. Cigarette volumes were at 6.4 billion pieces in 2016. Contraband cigarette sales are endemic and this is one of the reasons why duty paid cigarette sales have remained constrained.
- Cigarette volumes were at 6.4 billion pieces in 2016. Although this is more than double 1990 levels of per capita consumption, it remains very low even by African standards at only 63 pieces per person in 2016.
- The cigarette market is dominated by sales of domestically manufactured cigarettes produced by the former state-owned National Tobacco Enterprise (NTE).
- Although imports have increased their share since the mid-1990s, NTE held 85.9% of the market in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.