Cigarettes in Georgia, 2017
"Cigarettes in Georgia, 2017" is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption is estimated to have declined during the 1990s as a result of the rapid contraction in the economy. Legitimate sales were estimated at 7.80 billion pieces in 2016, 30.3% below 1990 levels. Smuggled, illegally produced and counterfeit cigarettes used to have a major impact on demand in Georgia with up to 50% of the market believed to be supplied by non-duty paid cigarettes. GlobalData forecasts an initial fall in sales in 2017 as the effect of rising prices push more smokers towards the non-duty paid market. Volumes are expected to slip back by 5.8% although thereafter will recover reaching a forecast 8,140 million pieces in 2026. Per capita consumption will follow a similar pattern over the same period ending 2026 up 4.4% at 1,651 pieces.
- Legitimate sales were estimated at 7.80 billion pieces in 2016, 30.3% below 1990 levels.
- Per capita consumption exceeded 2,000 pieces/year at the start of the 1990s, but was down to 1,582 pieces/year in 2016: high by international standards.
- Imports are a growing feature of the market and stood at 8.7 billion pieces in 2015 with Ukraine the main source.
- Exports are not a significant feature and have fallen in recent years.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.