Peru: Expansion of National Fiber-Optic Backbone Network and LTE Extension by Operators to Support Telecom Growth
"Peru: Expansion of National Fiber-Optic Backbone Network and LTE Extension by Operators to Support Telecom Growth" a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Peru today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2016, Peru generated telecom service revenue of $4.3bn (equivalent to 2.2% of nominal GDP), a decline of 1.8% since 2015, due to depreciation of local currency against the US dollar. However, in local currency it increased by 4.1% over 2015. The mobile market continues to be the largest contributor to total market revenue, accounting for more than 65% of overall telecom revenue in 2016.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Peru compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Peru.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Perus telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Peru will grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2016-2021.
- Growth will be driven by Internet services, in particular mobile data services revenue, as a result of increasing adoption of mobile data services supported by 3G and 4G network expansion and the availability of affordable bundled data packages.
- Operators are focusing on 4G network expansions and affordable consumer-centric mobile data offerings to compete in the Peruvian telecom market.
- The Peruvian pay-TV market will gradually take up, providing ample opportunities for operators to grow their subscriber base, particularly for those offering exclusive content and services.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Perus telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Perus mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Perus telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Peru.