Cigarettes in Moldova, 2017
"Cigarettes in Moldova, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The size of the Moldovan cigarette market is distorted by parallel trade, with an outflow of cigarettes to other markets, in particular Romania. Although production is currently much lower, Moldova remains an important market. The country had once also been a substantial cigarette exporter, but legal exports have fallen from levels recorded in the early 1990s and were a more modest 1,223 million pieces.
- The prevalence of smoking is quite high. As of 2016 it is estimated at 42% of Moldovan men smoke but considerably less women, only 5.6%, are smokers to give an overall incidence of 23.0%.
- Legitimate demand was estimated at 8.0 billion pieces in 2016 (on the basis of apparent consumption), virtually unchanged on 1990.
- Tutun-CTC has traditionally led the market with 52% in 2016. JTI is its nearest rival accounting for an estimated 23% of the market in 2016 to take second place. PMI, BAT and Imperial Tobacco are also present with 12% and 10%market share respectively.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.