Cigarettes in Austria, 2017
"Cigarettes in Austria, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Austria has seen fairly stable volumes of around 13.5-15.5 billion pieces since 1990 although volumes have been falling annually since 2011. The latest data for 2016 put sales at 12.53 billion pieces or 13.0% below 1990 levels. However, the domestic market is forecast to decline by 20.8% between 2016 and 2026 due to smoking restrictions and the decline in smoking among Austrian males.
- The latest data for 2016 put sales at 12.53 billion pieces or 13.0% below 1990 levels.
- There has been no local production since JTI closed the Hainburg facility in 2012.
- The market is broadly split between full flavor and light products which account for 50% of the market each.
- Forecasts suggest a gradually declining market long term, with bsolute volumes forecasted to decline by 20.8% over the period 2016-2026.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.