Cigarettes in Argentina, 2017
"Cigarettes in Argentina, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The country has one of the largest cigarette markets in Latin America with combined duty and non-duty paid volumes of 36 billion pieces in 2016. Average per capita consumption rates stood down at 776 pieces in 2016 although higher if the non-duty paid sector is included. There are estimated to be 10.5 million smokers in Argentina with 33.8% of adults aged 18 years and over being smokers in 2016; 35.7% of men smoke compared with 32.0% of women in 2016. This is high by international standards.
- The market is essentially contested between two companies, which are both controlled by major multinationals: Massalin Particulares (94.7% owned by PMI) and BAT Argentina, formerly Nobleza-Piccardo.
- Total sales are forecast to end 2026 down 0.2% on 2016 levels at 33.6 billion pieces.
- Per capita consumption is forecast down by 8.8% to 708 pieces.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.