Cigarettes in Cyprus, 2017
"Cigarettes in Cyprus, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption, while increasing during much of the 1990s, fell between 2002 and 2006 in response to price rises in preparation for Cyprus' accession to the EU in 2004.However, per capita consumption is fairly high by Western European standards at 1,205 pieces in 2016 although this is down by 4.3% on its level in 1990. The impact of tighter restrictions on smoking as well as higher prices is slowly denting demand for cigarettes with sales anticipated to drop by 24.4% between 2016 and 2026 to 911 million pieces.
- Per capita consumption is fairly high by Western European standards at 1,205 pieces in 2016 although this is down by 4.3% on its level in 1990.
- BAT is the dominant force with 39.1% of sales in 2016, however it is seeing its share decline, this falling from 86.0% in 2000.
- Sales are expected to drop by 24.4% between 2016 and 2026 to 911 million pieces.
- Per capita consumption is set to fall by 31.7% over the same period to a forecast 680 pieces in 2026.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.