Cigarettes in Madagascar, 2017
"Cigarettes in Madagascar, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Madagascar is a small but growing market for cigarettes with low personal disposable incomes remaining the major barrier to growth. Cigarette sales have been expanding to reach an estimated 3.8 billion pieces in 2016, 92.5% ahead of 1990 levels. However, when set against the country's fast growing population, per capita consumption levels have fallen to 155 pieces in 2016, 8.8% below their level in 1990. Cigarette volumes are expected to increase year-on-year to 5.57 billion pieces billion pieces in 2026 with stronger economic growth a major driver.
- Cigarettes sales of 3.80 billion pieces are forecast for 2016, which is 92.5% above 1900 levels.
- Per capita consumption amounted to 155 pieces forecast for 2016, which is 8.8% below 1900 levels.
- The market is dominated by one company, SACIMEM (Socit des Cigarettes Mlia de Madagascar) which is a subsidiary of Imperial Tobacco. SACIMEM accounted for an estimated 91.0% of sales in 2016 compared with 8.5% for its nearest rival, Focus Madagascar.
- Cigarette volumes are expected to increase year-on-year to 5.57 billion pieces billion pieces in 2026 with stronger economic growth a major driver.
- Per capita sales are expected to rise to 181 pieces in 2026, 16.2% up on 2016 levels.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.