Cigarettes in Tanzania, 2017
"Cigarettes in Tanzania, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption in Tanzania has been erratic on a year-to-year basis. The economic difficulties, recurrent droughts and extensive infrastructure problems are the main factors that have influenced the market. Sales were 6.09 billion pieces in 2015 but are forecast to be down 1.9% to 5.97 billion pieces in 2016 as a consequence of rising prices and the impact that this has had on duty paid sales.
- Per capita consumption stood at 114 pieces per person in 2016, down 8.5% on 1990 levels.
- The growing problem of non-duty paid sales is forecast to see sales drop back in 2016.
- A 1.9% contraction is expected to 5.97 billion pieces that Tanzania's smoking population is currently in the region of 2.45 million in 2016 which equates to a smoking prevalence rate of 9.5% overall, with this population almost exclusively male.
- Following the impact of the recent increases in prices the market is forecast to see sluggish sales initially before recovering towards the end of the review period.
- Volumes are expected to end 2026 at 7.88 billion pieces, 31.9% ahead of 1990, with per capita consumption up 0.8% to 115 pieces.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.