Cigarettes in Yemen, 2017
"Cigarettes in Yemen, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette sales in Yemen have suffered from the sluggish economic performance in recent years as well as from a rise in the profile of the non-duty paid sector and, more recently, civil disturbances. Cigarettes volumes are expected to decrease by 9.0% in 2016 reaching 7.1 billion pieces, which is 0.4% above its 1990 levels. Per capita consumption averaged only 260 pieces per year in 2016, 52.6% down on 1990 levels. GlobalData estimates volumes to be 18.0% above those in 2016. Per capita sales will stand at a forecast 251 pieces in 2026 and still 3.3% down on 2016.
- Cigarettes volumes are expected to decrease by 9.0% in 2016 reaching 7.1 billion pieces, which is 0.4% above its 1990 levels.
- Per capita consumption averaged only 260 pieces per year in 2016, 52.6% down on 1990 levels.
- The country's smoking population is growing as the population expands 2.9 million adult smokers aged 18 years and over in Yemen in 2016.
- Yemen has traditionally had three cigarette manufacturers, two of which are partly state-owned: National Tobacco & Matches Company (NTMC) which is the leading compnay with 47.8% share in 2016 and National Cigarette & Match Industries (NCMI) with 30.1% share in 2016, followed by United Industries Company with 19.6% share.
- GlobalData estimates volumes to be 18.0% above those in 2016. Per capita sales will stand at a forecast 251 pieces in 2016 and still 3.3% down on 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.