Cigarettes in Venezuela, 2017
"Cigarettes in Venezuela, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Although the cigarette market has performed poorly since the 1990s as a result of economic problems and rising non-duty paid sales more recently smoking restrictions and tax-induced price rises have added further to its woes. Sales are expected to drop by 11.1% to 6.4 billion pieces in 2016, which is 58.9% below its levels in 1990. The profile of the non-duty paid sector is expected to rise with an increase to 3.0 billion pieces and 31.9% of overall sales in 2016.
- Sales are expected to drop by 11.1% to 6.4 billion pieces in 2016, which is 58.9% below its levels in 1990.
- Per capita consumption is expected to drop to 216 pieces/year by 2016 or 26.8% of its level in 1990.
- Contraband accounted for 3.0 billion pieces and 31.9% of overall sales in 2016.
- Two manufacturers control the market - Cigarrera Bigott Sucs with 82.0% in 2016, a BAT subsidiary and CA Tabacalera Nacional (Catana) with 18.0%, an associate of PMI.
- The market is passing through a difficult period with volumesexpected to drop further to an expected 4.9 billion pieces in 2019 and thereafter see some degree of recovery to reach a forecast 7.9 billion pieces in 2026.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.