Wealth in Indonesia: HNW Investors 2017
"Wealth in Indonesia: HNW Investors 2017" analyzes the investment preferences and portfolio allocation of Indonesian HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
HNW investors have predominately accumulated their wealth through business interests, with property and manufacturing key wealth generators. Investors show strong demand for advisory mandates, but a significant proportion of wealth remains unmanaged. Defensive investments dominate the average portfolio, and while this is not expected to change we do forecast a decrease in demand for cash, while demand for fixed income is expected to rise. Tax planning is most sought after, but demand for pension and financial planning is on the rise.
Specifically the report -
- Profiles the average Indonesian HNW investor in terms of their demographics and analyzes the expat opportunity in Indonesia.
- Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among Indonesian HNW investors and how demand will develop looking forward.
- Examines the allocation of Indonesian HNW investors portfolios into different asset classes and how this is expected to develop in the future.
- Analyzes product and service demand among Indonesian HNW investors.
- Indonesian HNW individuals tend to be older than their regional peers.
- The expat opportunity is less developed than in Asia Pacific, but wealth managers reaching out to HNW expats from South Korea or Singapore will find them to be a lucrative target market.
- The countrys HNW investors engage multiple wealth management firms, which is symptomatic of a relatively underdeveloped and risk-averse wealth market.
- A lack of expertise and time are the top drivers for Indonesian HNW investors to seek professional advice, while non-financial investments are the main reason they self-direct.
- HNW demand for equity, fixed income, and alternatives is forecast to rise over the next 12 months, while demand for cash and near-cash products is expected to decrease.
- A multi-service strategy - encompassing tax, financial, and pension planning - is becoming increasingly important as demand for these services is on the rise.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your proposition to match the product and service demand expressed by Indonesian HNW investors and react proactively to forecasted changes in demand.