Israel: Investments in Smart City Projects, IoT/M2M and Advanced Technologies Such as G.fast to Support Market Growth
"Israel: Investments in Smart City Projects, IoT/M2M and Advanced Technologies Such as G.fast to Support Market Growth" is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Israel today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom services revenue in Israel is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in mobile data, fixed Internet and VoIP revenue. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment until 2021. Going forward, operators will focus on data-centric services and invest in 4G and FTTH deployments to boost broadband penetration in the country. Operators push for digital solutions such as M2M/IoT, smart cities and businesses will create significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Israel compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Israel.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Israel's telecommunications markets.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Israel will grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in the mobile data, VoIP and fixed Internet segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 41.1% of total telecom revenue in 2021, with mobile data accounting for 72.0% of mobile revenue in 2021.
- 3G will be the most adopted mobile technology through 2021. However, its share will decline during the forecast period as customers migrate to higher-speed LTE/LTE-A services.
- The top two operators, Bezeq and HOT Telecom, accounted for 62.7% of overall service revenue in 2016. We expect competition to intensify as operators focus on fixed and mobile broadband expansions across Israel and services such as M2M/IoT and smart cities to drive additional revenue.
- Operators will continue to focus on investments in 4G network expansion and fiber deployments to improve connectivity and cater to the rising data demand.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Israels telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Israels mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Israels telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Israel.