Ecuador: Fiber Network Deployments Coupled with Investments in 4G Network Expansion to Support Telecom Growth
"Ecuador: Fiber Network Deployments Coupled with Investments in 4G Network Expansion to Support Telecom Growth", is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ecuador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
GlobalData expects overall service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% during 2016-2021. The growth will be driven by mobile data, fixed VoIP and fixed broadband segments.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Ecuador compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ecuador.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the Ecuador telecommunications markets.
- In 2016, Ecuador generated an estimated telecom service revenue of US$3.2bn (equivalent to 3.3% of nominal GDP). Mobile voice continued to be the largest revenue-contributing segment of total service revenue in 2016, but the same will be surpassed by mobile data from 2018 onward, owing to operator investments in 4G network expansion and data bundles offered by operators.
- The top two operators, Claro Ecuador and CNT, which provide fixed and mobile services, accounted for more than 65% of total service revenue in 2016. Operators are focusing on 4G network expansion, promotional offers and competitive pricing to drive future growth.
- Broadband lines will grow moderately during 2016-2021, with penetration of population to increase from 10.3% in 2016 to 13.7% by 2021. Growth will be driven by government and operator investments in fiber network deployments to improve broadband availability.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ecuador's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ecuador's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ecuador's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ecuador.