ICT Investment Trends in Germany: Maintaining data privacy and security is driving ICT investments
"ICT Investment Trends in Germany" presents the findings from a survey of 125 German enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how German enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
German enterprises are investing in various ICT domains in order to introduce pioneering digital services in the future. Germany's economy is growing firmly in 2017, and had a huge trade surplus in 2016, with high exports in vehicles, machinery, pharmaceuticals, and electrical equipment, which are pushing investments in the ICT sector. Software as a service (SaaS) was the most popular cloud computing solution in 2016, infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is also set to gain momentum in the next two years, driven by the need to achieve flexibility and scalability in their architecture for creating an on-demand infrastructure extension or scaling down without difficulty.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, IoT, cloud computing, and business intelligence. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Germany. Through GlobalDatas survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Germany.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions German enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- German enterprises investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, IoT, cloud computing, and business intelligence
- Factors that are influencing German enterprises investments in each technology category
- How German enterprises IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- German enterprises distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into German enterprises preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that German enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing German enterprises decisions to select an ICT provider
- GlobalDatas survey shows that German enterprises are looking to increase their total ICT budget in 2017, indicating that enterprises are moving towards technology driven work environments to boost productivity.
- As the German government is focussing on helping small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to digitally transform their businesses under its Digital Strategy 2025 plan, local software vendors and network providers are expected to attract greater opportunities in the SME market.
- Increasing customer satisfaction tops the list of business objectives, followed by the need to gain a competitive advantage, in influencing IT investment strategies among German enterprises.
Reasons to buy
- Understand how the German enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by German enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of German enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, IoT, cloud computing, and business intelligence)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing German enterprises decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business objectives that German enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology