ICT Investment Trends in Spain: Business and technological innovations are fostering ICT investments
"ICT Investment Trends in Spain" presents the findings from a survey of 98 Spanish enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Spanish enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
Spains economy has expanded over the last three years after reeling from the financial crisis of 2007-08. The series of structural reforms implemented by the new government has put the countrys economy in a strong position to witness sustained growth in 2017 and hence, encouraging increased ICT investments. According to GlobalDatas survey, hardware dominates the ICT expenditure of Spanish enterprises and is closely followed by investments in software. While hardware budget is dominated by investment in clients, software licensing makes up a major part of the software budgets.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Spain. Through GlobalDatas survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Spain.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Spanish enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Spanish enterprises investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing Spanish enterprises investments in each technology category
- How Spanish enterprises IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Spanish enterprises distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Spanish enterprises preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Spanish enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Spanish enterprises decisions to select an ICT provider
- Growing need for data storage, stringent network operation requirements, and popularity of cloud services are triggering the investments in data centers, a trend that is set to continue in the coming years as well.
- With cloud computing becoming a strategic imperative for enterprises worldwide, Spanish enterprises are also investing in cloud solutions such as SaaS, IaaS, and platform as a service (PaaS).
- Meanwhile, rising malware threats, increasing incidences of cyberattacks, and network intrusions are generating the demand for identity access and network security solutions in enterprises of all sizes.
Reasons to buy
- Understand how the Spanish enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Spanish enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Spanish enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, securit products, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Spanish enterprises decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business objectives that Spanish enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies