ICT Investment Trends in China"" presents the findings from a survey of 125 Chinese enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Chinese enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
Improvements in industrial production, construction, exports, and investments have led to a robust start for the Chinese economy in Q1 2017. This will definitely boost ICT investments across various industries. The survey shows that the highest proportion of the ICT budget is allocated to hardware in both 2016 and 2017, followed by software and services.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including content management, enterprise networking, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in China. Through GlobalData’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in China.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Chinese enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Chinese enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as content management, enterprise networking, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing Chinese enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How Chinese enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Chinese enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Chinese enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Chinese enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Chinese enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
- The survey indicates that cloud computing is gaining momentum in China with infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and public cloud witnessing an increase in investments among Chinese enterprises in 2017.
- IoT has emerged as the next ground-breaking technology segment. With the benefits of reduced operational time and human intervention, IoT technologies such as network sensors, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and auto ID & mobility technologies are gaining popularity among Chinese enterprises.
- While employing survival strategies and increasing customer satisfaction are the primary business objectives influencing IT investment strategies among Chinese enterprises, financial stability is the most sought after criterion in choosing ICT vendors.
Reasons to buy
- Understand how the Chinese enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Chinese enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Chinese enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (content management, enterprise networking, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Chinese enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Chinese enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies