The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the Polish personal accident and health insurance market, including:
- The Polish personal accident and health insurance markets growth prospects by personal accident and health insurance categories
- The various distribution channels in the Polish personal accident and health insurance market
- The competitive landscape in the personal accident and health insurance market
- A description of the personal accident and health reinsurance market in Poland
The Polish personal accident and health insurance segment recorded steady growth during the review period (20072011). The segment was driven by the countrys steady economic growth, increased health insurance product penetration, growing levels of disposable income and an improved awareness of the benefits of private health insurance. Poland has a general health insurance system under which subsidized health services are provided to residents. Funding of the healthcare system in Poland is principally state-financed through the National Health Fund (NFZ) of which health insurance contributions forms the major part. Increasing health insurance awareness, rising healthcare costs and government initiatives are expected to drive growth in the personal accident and healthcare insurance segment over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in Poland:
- It provides historical values for the Polish personal accident and health insurance market for the review period (20072011) and forecast period (20122016)
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Polish personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Poland
- Using Porters industry-standard Five Forces analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Poland for the personal accident and health insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Poland and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Poland and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Polish personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Polish personal accident and health insurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Polish insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
- Due to the global financial crisis in 2008, funding for the public healthcare system was adversely impacted. In order to control this situation, the Ministry of Health (MoH) encouraged voluntary private health insurance.
- In 2010 the Patients Rights Ombudsman Office was established to promote quality healthcare services. The Polish Chamber of Insurance (PIU) has also allowed the introduction of additional voluntary private health insurance funds into the sector.
- In view of the increasing need for quality healthcare services, government expenditure on healthcare faces challenges due to the Eurozone crisis. This has meant that the Polish Chamber of Insurance (PIU) has introduced an additional voluntary private health insurance fund.
- Over the forecast period the growth of the personal accident and health insurance segment in Poland is expected to be driven by increased healthcare expenditure and the growing risk awareness among consumers.
- Some of the leading companies in the segment include PZU, Vienna Insurance Group, Aviva and Allianz.