The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the Italian personal accident and health insurance market, including:
- The Italian personal accident and health insurance markets growth prospects by personal accident and health insurance categories
- The various distribution channels in the Italian personal accident and health insurance market
- The competitive landscape in the personal accident and health insurance market
- A description of the personal accident and health reinsurance market in Italy
During the review period, public demand for customized healthcare services such as a free choice of hospital doctor and improved accommodation had a significant impact on Italian private health insurance, as did the increasing levels of healthcare expenditure in the country. Overall, regulatory changes during the review period made the Italian personal accident and health insurance segment more competitive, with perhaps the most notable change being a regulation that forced Italian private health insurance companies to provide comparable quality and cost information to consumers in order to comply with the countrys fair competition laws.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in Italy:
- It provides historical values for the Italian personal accident and health insurance market for the review period (20072011) and forecast period (20122016)
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Italian personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Italy
- Using Porters industry-standard Five Forces analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Italy for the personal accident and health insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Italy and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Italy and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Italian personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Italian personal accident and health insurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Italian insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
- The Italian personal accident and health insurance segment accounted for the lowest premiums share of the overall Italian insurance industry during the review period (20072011).
- In 2011, the Italian personal accident and health insurance segment accounted for the lowest proportion of total industry premiums, while, due to the introduction of mandatory insurance .against workplace accidents, the personal accident insurance category led the segment during the review period.
- Agencies retained its leading position despite a decline in its market share during the review period, which is expected to continue to lead the segments distribution channels written premiums share over the forecast period despite a further anticipated decline in market share at the expense of bancassurance.
- Public health insurance (Servizio Sanitario Nazionale, or SSN) is mandatory in Italy, and is financed through the countrys business tax and a fixed proportion of its national value added tax.
- The Italian personal accident and health insurance segment is moderately concentrated and some of the leading companies in the segment include Generali, Gruppo Assicurativo Unipol, Gruppo Assicurativo Fondiaria-Sai, Gruppo Assicurativo Allianz and Reale Mutua.