This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the HNWI population and wealth management industry in Brazil. It provides market sizing and forecasts of local HNWI and UHNWI populations. The report also leverages WealthInsights HNWI Database, to provide key demographic breakdowns such as sector and city specific data.
Brazil has the highest number of HNWIs in Latin America and third highest among BRIC nations. In addition to providing a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy, including, uniquely, detailed analysis of economic and political risks to HNWI wealth creation, this report provides robust projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocation of local HNWIs and UHNWIs. The report then couches these findings in an analysis of the local Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities therein.
- Independent market sizing of Brazilian HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2011
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2016
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- City and sector wise breakdowns of UHNWI volumes and volume growth from 2007 to 2011, as well as 2016 forecasts
- Number of UHNWIs in each city
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Brazil
- Largest private banks in Brazil by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world. It also includes profiles on major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each country. With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2016.
- Detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
- Brazil has the highest number of HNWIs in Latin America and third highest among BRIC nations. As of 2011, there are just over 194,000 HNWIs in Brazil, with a combined wealth of US$951 trillion, accounting for roughly 29% of Brazils total wealth (US$3.3 trillion).
- In 2011, real estate is the largest asset class for HNWIs in Brazil (37.4% of total HNWI assets), followed by equities (18.4%), cash (13.5%). business interests (12.7%) fixed income (12.4%) and alternatives (5.6%).
- In 2011, HNWIs in Brazil hold 22.1% (US$210 billion) of their wealth outside of Brazil. This is below the global average of approximately 30%.
- The global private banking industry is estimated to have assets under management of just over US$16.5 trillion. The Brazilian wealth management sector accounts for US$250 billion of this, making it the largest Latin America country by AuM.