Turkey - Telecommunication Services: A steady growth, technology driven market (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
Turkey is the second-largest economy in the Middle East region after Saudi Arabia, and as such offers growth opportunities for the telecommunications industry. High volume mobile subscriptions and the opportunity for internet providers to enter a growth market make Turkey an attractive prospect; however, political uncertainty and macroeconomic challenges prevail.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: industry risk & reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, and innovation.
Mobile services generate the majority of revenue
Mobile service revenue declined at a CAGR of -3.3% from US$9,420 million in 2012 to US$8,241 million in 2016, due to a fall in voice revenue. Driven by a demand for data, mobile revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.2% over 2016-2021, to reach US$8,737 million in 2021.
Innovative subscriber friendly plans reduce churn
A low churn rate is indicative of customer retention. Competition, subscriber-friendly plans, and innovations in mobile technologies have led to a decline in the churn rate, from 32.8% in 2012 to 30.6% in 2016. The rate will decline further over 2016-2021, to reach 27.4% in 2021.
Launch of 5G
Initiatives by the Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) to facilitate the launch of 5G, offer growth opportunities for the industry. ICTA launched the 5GTR forum in June 2016, comprising operators and concerned authorities. It will research the standardization of 5G to help expedite the domestic rollout of the technology. Several operators and network vendors have already entered into MoUs on 5G. The launch will also enable telecom operators to enhance data usage, which will have a positive impact on profits.
- Risk/Reward Index - enables you to assess the risks and potential rewards of investing in the Turkey Telecommunications market in comparison with other Middle East and African countries.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View - Key Telecommunications Industry Statistics including fixed/mobile revenue, subscriptions, churn, market share, and ARPS are analyzed to reveal the key issues and trends driving market performance in the Turkey Telecommunications market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis - Discover the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats impacting market performance and investment in the Turkey Telecommunications market.
- Industry Benchmarking - Benchmark how the Turkey Telecommunications market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of fixed or mobile revenue, subscriptions, ARPS, penetration, and usage to gauge potential for growth or market entry.
- Competitive Landscape - Analyze and compare the performance of the leading players in the Turkey Telecommunications market by business segment on metrics such as such as churn, ARPU, and subscriber and revenue growth.
Reasons to buy
- Have technological advances drastically changed the face of the Telecommunications industry?
- How is the market performing in terms of: Revenues, Subscribers, ARPU, and Customer Churn?
- How risky is it to invest in the Turkey Telecommunications industry compared to other Middle East and Africa countries?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as Voice, Data, Prepaid, Postpaid, Broadband, and IPTV?
- Who are the leading players in the Turkey Telecommunications industry and how does their performance compare?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Turkey Telecommunications industry?
- How will the breakdown for mobile connection technologies look by 2021?
- What are the Turkey Telecommunications industrys Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- How has the financial deals landscape changed in 2015 and 2016?