Cigarettes in Peru, 2017
"Cigarettes in Peru, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Peruvian market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Peru has a large population of 30 million but its legitimate cigarette market is small, standing at 2.37 billion pieces in 2014, as the effect of rising non-duty paid sales impacted the legitimate market during the past decade. Dire economic conditions meant that the consumption of cigarettes was extremely depressed during the earlier part of the 1990s, but was more buoyant in the mid-1990s as economic conditions improved. However, demand came under pressure again with sharp declines in the early 2000s, before expanding as the decade progressed, in line with an improving economy and improved market controls. Continued economic growth in the long term will help support the growth and development of the cigarette industry as consumers will be able to spend more of their disposable income on tobacco.
- BAT Peru is the largest company in the market with a 88.7% market share as of 2016.
- As of 2015, a third of Peru's adult population smoke.
- Cigarette consumption was only be 2 billion pieces in 2016 compared to 2.3 billion pieces in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.