Cigarettes in Greece, 2017
"Cigarettes in Greece, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greek market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Greece was one of the fastest growing cigarette markets in the 1990s, with expansion continuing for much of the early part of the 2000s. Historically Greece has had a high smoking rate and high per capita consumption rates because of the popularity of its low cost, availability, and relaxed anti-smoking laws. However, the market is in long term decline because of Greece's poor economic outlook which has hurt consumer disposable income and forced the government to increase tobacco taxes. As a result, contraband is a growing problem in Greece with consumers opting for cheaper illegal imports rather than more expensive duty-paid cigarettes. Consequently contraband and low consumer spending will negatively affect the whole market in the short-to-medium term.
- Consumption in Greece was 14,500 million pieces in 2016.
- Per capita consumption was 1,344 pieces in 2016 which is a -8.1% contraction from 2015.
- PMI is the largest company in the Greek cigarette market with a over a third of the market.
- Over a third of the Greek adult population smoke, as of 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.