Cigarettes in Malta, 2017
"Cigarettes in Malta, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Maltese market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
The Maltese cigarette market is the smallest in Western Europe. This partly reflects the country's small population, government anti-tobacco policies, and the end of domestic cigarette production. However, tourism is helping maintain reasonable cigarette sales inthe country as over 1.8 million tourists visit Malta every year. Nevertheless, cigarette sales in the country are still significantly lower in 2016 than in 1990 because of the effectiveness of high tax rates and strong anti-smoking laws that have discouraged locals from smoking in recent years.
- Cigarette volumes have decreased to only 481 million pieces, as of 2016.
- BAT Malta is the largest cigarette company with over two thirds of the market.
- Cigarette consumption is 19.2% down, as of 2016, from 1990 levels.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.