Cigarettes in Mozambique, 2017
"Cigarettes in Mozambique, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Mozambican market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Mozambique is one of the more promising markets for cigarettes in Africa because the country has been benefiting from relatively strong economic growth which, coupled with a rapidly expanding population, has boosted duty-paid cigarette sales. Nevertheless, the country remains poor with more than 70% of its population living below the poverty line. As such, cigarette volumes are still low compared to other emerging economies. But, recent economic reforms are having a positive impact on the tobacco market with a growing number of companies showing interest in Mozambique as future market and regional production center in Southern Africa. However, there are many problems facing cigarette manufacturers in the country, such as low consumption levels, lack of disposable income and widespread smuggling to and from the country.
- Cigarette consumption reached 4.3 billion pieces in 2016.
- Per capita consumption reached 166 pieces per year in 2016.
- As of 2013, 12.4% of the total adult population smoke.
- Cigarette production has increased to 2.6 billion pieces in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.