Cigarettes in Bosnia-Herzegovina, 2017
"Cigarettes in Bosnia-Herzegovina, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Bosnian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Legitimate cigarette consumption, excluding black market supplies, is estimated at 6.27 billion pieces in 2015, taking an upturn after having suffered a sharp fall over the previous few years. Legitimate trade had grown between 2006 and 2008 helped by growing imports, which stood at 6.7 billion pieces in 2009, equivalent to 62.8% of consumption. However, the impact of recession in 2009 and subsequent price hikes has led to a slump in duty paid sales, with imports also falling significantly during the period. In 2015 duty paid demand began to recover, volume increasing by 8.2% over the previous years depressed level, to 6.27 billion pieces and the upturn continued in 2016, with provisional figures indicating a 4.4% increase to 6.54 billion pieces, which represents a 31.5% fall from 1990 levels but a 23.3% increase since 2000.
- The impact of further tax hikes on prices as Bosnia-Herzegovina adjusts its levels to meet EU requirements could reduce duty paid sales at intervals in coming years, and could also encourage further growth in the contraband sector.
- However, it is forecast that legitimate market volumes will increase to 7.45 billion pieces by 2025, which is an 18.9% increase over 2015 levels, but represents mostly recovery.
- By 2025, the annual per capita consumption rate will have risen to 1,966 pieces, which is 21.4% above the depressed level of 2015, reflecting the potential for recovery in the duty paid market if the contraband trade can be successfully curtailed.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.