Cigarettes in Zambia, 2017
"Cigarettes in Zambia, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Zambian market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
The Zambian cigarette market is intimately linked to the performance of the overall economy and as a result goes through regular peaks and troughs that follow the cyclical nature of the commodities-based Zambian economy. Cigarette consumption increased steadily throughout the 2000s but has seen substantial contractions in recent years because of the increasing popularity for RYO cigarettes and the growing black market from illegal cigarette imports, mostly from Zimbabwe, that has severely hurt the Zambian cigarette market - particularly the low cost sector. In fact, Illicit cigarette imports is a major feature of the market with the Zambian Chamber of Commerce & Industry indicating that almost a filth of cigarettes in Zambia are non-duty paid. The market is dominated by BAT but they have been losing market share in recent years to other large multinationals, such as JTI, as they compete for the mid-range and premium part of the market. Overall, the cigarette market is declining in the country which will create a more difficult trading position for cigarette companies in the long term.
- Cigarette consumption fell to only 720 million pieces in 2016.
- Duty paid cigarette per capita consumption was less than 50 cigarettes per yer, as of 2016.
- The smoking population has stayed steady over recent years and stood at over 12%, as of 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.