Country Profile: Spirits Sector in New Zealand
GlobalDatas "Country Profile: Spirits Sector in New Zealand", provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
New Zealand accounted for a volume share of 0.09% of the Asia-Pacific Spirits sector, in 2016. The strong economic status, subsequent rise in disposable incomes and the growing demand for unique flavoured spirits are some of the factors that are driving the sector. Of the eight markets, Whiskey is the largest in volume terms, and is also expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during 2016-2021. The top five brands accounted for 26.3% volume share in 2016. Jim Beam Rye was the leading brand in the sector, followed by Smirnoff and Coruba Jamaica Rum. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading channel for distribution of Spirits in New Zealand. Glass was the only package material used in the New Zealand Spirits sector.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle.
- The New Zealand Spirits sector accounted for a volume share of 0.09% of the regional (Asia-Pacific) market, in 2016.
- The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2016-2021.
- Of the eight markets, Whiskey was the largest market and is expected to grow at a fastest CAGR during the forecast period (2016-2021).
- The top five brands in the New Zealand Spirits sector accounted for 26.3% volume share in 2016.
- Jim Beam Rye is the leading brand in the New Zealand Spirits sector.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the largest volume share in the distribution of Spirits in the country.
- Glass is the only package material used in the New Zealand Spirits sector.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.