Country Profile: Spirits Sector in the UK
GlobalDatas "Country Profile: Spirits Sector in the UK", provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
The Spirits sector in the UK is driven by increasing disposable income level among consumers which is empowering them to trade up to premium products in the country. Of all the markets, Vodka is the largest in value and volume terms, while Rum is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution of Spirits in the country. Glass is the most commonly used package material in the sector, while Rigid Plastics is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Smirnoff, Gordon's and Bacardi are the leading brands in the UK Spirits sector.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and Stand Up Pouch.
- Spirits sector in the UK accounted for 15.3% volume share in the Western European region in 2016.
- The top five brands accounting for 24.6% share in 2016.
- The Spirits sector in the UK is forecast to grow at 4.1% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Consumers are trading up to premium products in the UK Spirits sector
- Per capita consumption of Vodka is high in UK when compared to global and regional levels
- Older Consumers and Older Young Adults together accounted for 52.6% share of consumption.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.