This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the HNWI population and wealth management industry in Russia. It provides market sizing and forecasts of local HNWI and UHNWI populations. The report also leverages WealthInsights HNWI Database, to provide key demographic breakdowns such as sector and city specific data.
As of 2011, there are just over 159,500 HNWIs in Russia. This report provides robust projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocation of local HNWIs and UHNWIs. The report then couches these findings in an analysis of the local Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities therein.
The report features:
- Independent market sizing of Russian HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2011
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2016
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each city
- City wise breakdowns of UHNWI volumes and volume growth from 2007 to 2011, as well as 2016 forecasts
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Russia
- Size of the local wealth management industry
- Largest private banks in Russia by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world. It also includes profiles on major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each country. With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2016.
- Detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
- As of 2011, there are just over 159,500 HNWIs in Russia, with a combined wealth of US$941 billion.
- The total number of HNWIs in Russia decreased by 18.1% during the review period (20072011), while HNWI wealth declined by 25%.
- WealthInsight research shows that over 35% of Russian HNWI wealth was held offshore at the end of 2011.
- The current wealth management leaders in Russia are UBS and Credit Suisse with local AuM of US$15 billion and US$10 billion respectively. Other prominent foreign players include Pictet and Goldman Sachs.
- The leading locally based private banks are UFG Invest, Troika Dialog and Third Rome.
- Moscow is home to the largest portion of Russias UHNWIs (64% or 821 UHNWIs). There are also sizable Russian UHNWI populations in St Petersburg (99 UHNWIs), Yekaterinburg (38 UHNWIs), Novosibirsk (31 UHNWIs), Kazan (29 UHNWIs) and Kemerovo (27 UHNWIs).
- St. Petersburg and Yekaterinburg were the top performing major cities for UHNWIs over the review period, with UHNWI volume growth of 19% and 20% respectively.