Country Profile: Spirits Sector in Argentina
Improving economic activity boosted by rise in tourism and the subsequent rise in disposable incomes are driving the Argentine Spirits sector. Of all the markets, Liqueurs is the largest in both value and volume terms and is also forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading channel for the distribution of Spirits in the country. Glass is the most commonly used package material in the sector. Fratelli Branca Distillerie Srl, Limoncello Di Capri S.R.L., and Vittone 1842, S.L.U. are the leading market players in the Argentine Spirits sector.
GlobalDatas Country Profile report on the Spirits sector in Argentina provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine, Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle, Stand Up Pouch, Bag-In-Box, Carton-Liquid and Can.
- The per capita consumption of Spirits is lower in Argentina compared to the global and regional level
- Of the eight markets, Liqueurs was the largest in value terms, in 2016.
- Food & Drinks Specialists accounted for the largest volume share in the distribution of Spirits
- Fernet Branca is the leading brand in the Argentine Spirits sector
- Glass was the only package material used, while Bottle was the only pack type used in the Spirits sector in 2016
- Consumption of Spirits was higher among the female population in 2016 compared to males
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.