Cigarettes in Norway, 2017
"Cigarettes in Norway, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Norwegian market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Norway is a small market for cigarettes and one where duty paid sales have dropped considerably in recent years, primarily due to increased anti-smoking legislation, although rising sales of alternative tobacco products, such as snus, have also had an impact. Domestic consumption includes substantial volumes of cross border and duty free sales, as well as RYO cigarette use. Taken with the popularity of snus, cigarette sales are under considerable pressure. High tax levels and recent annual increases have encouraged consumers to increasingly rely on cross-border shopping trips to Sweden, where tax levels and retail prices are lower. The rate of smoking in Norway has declined sharply in recent years, reflecting both the impact of public health campaigns and the rising popularity of snus.
- Cigarette consumption was only 1.7 billion pieces in 2016.
- Per capita consumption was only 327 piece a year, as of 2016.
- BAT Norway was is the largest tobacco company in the country with control of half the market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.