Country Profile: Hot Drinks Sector in the US
The US accounted for a volume share of 86.3% in the North American Hot Drinks sector in 2016. Hot Coffee accounted for the leading market share in both value and volume terms, while the Hot Tea market is expected to record the fastest growth during the forecast period (2016-2021). Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the majority share in the distribution of Hot Drinks in the country. The J.M. Smucker Company, Starbucks and Jacobs Douwe Egberts are the leading market players in the sector.
GlobalDatas Country Profile report on the Hot Drinks sector in the US provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Hot Coffee, Hot Tea and Other Hot drinks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Carton, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Bottle, Jar and Stand Up Pouch.
- Of the three markets analyzed, Hot Coffee is the leading, registering a CAGR of 5.9% during 2011-2016
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading channel in the distribution of Hot Drinks in the US, accounting for more than half of the overall sales in 2016
- The per capita consumption of Hot Drinks is higher in the US compared to the global level
- Shrink Wrap is the only primary outer type used in the Hot Tea market
- Consumption of Hot Drinks is high among the US consumers who received Tertiary education
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Hot Drinks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the sector that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.