Country Profile: Spirits Sector in Denmark
The Spirits Sector in Denmark is led by the Whiskey market in both value and volume terms, while the Brandy market is expected to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2016-2021. Growing health awareness among consumers is impacting volume growth of spirits in the country. On the other hand premiumisation and increasing demand for craft Spirits are driving value growth in the sector. On-trade transactions accounted for the largest volume share in the distribution of Spirits in Denmark. Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Danish Spirits sector. Smirnoff, The Famous Grouse and King George IV are the leading brands in the country.
GlobalDatas Country Profile report on the Spirits sector in Denmark provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle, Stand Up Pouch, Bag-In-Box, Carton-Liquid and Can.
- The Spirits sector in Denmark accounted for 0.8% volume share in the Western European region
- The Spirits sector in Denmark is forecast to grow at 0.04% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption Whiskey is higher compared to other Spirits in Denmark
- On-trade transactions accounted for the leading share in the distribution of Spirits in Denmark
- Smirnoff accounts for the leading share in the Danish Spirits sector
- Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Danish Spirits sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.