A detailed market research report on the El Salvador beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises high level market research data on the El Salvador beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The beer market had some innovations in 2011, as some imported beers began competing with national market leaders in the mainstream, premium, and super-premium segments.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Although beer consumption in El Salvador is very low compared with other countries, new launches boosted this category and buffered falls in consumption.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The El Salvador Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the El Salvador Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011, plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, and beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles for ten major brewers.
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs non-refillable, and multi-serve vs single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices, are also included.
- The subsidy on propane gas was removed after more than 20 years, increasing the price from US$5.10 to US$14.68, this price was set by the Ministry of the Economy, and was a hard hit to the personal finances of more than 1 million families.
- In December a tax reform was approved, which includes new taxes on dividends, gross sales and income, which takes effect from 2012, so Salvadorans are prepared for a rough fiscal year.
- Super-premium beers decreased by 8% from 2010. Together, premium and super premium account for less than 5% of the market.
- The consumption of discount beers is expected to continue growing at higher rates in 2012.
- Although beer consumption in El Salvador is very low compared with other countries, new launches boosted this category and buffered falls in consumption.
- Young consumers favoured spirits as a result of the fashionable image of cane spirit, rum, and vodka.
- Discount beers increased by more than 8% from the previous year, making this segment the one that gained the most market share from all price ranges.
- Super-premium beers decreased by 8% from 2010. Together, premium and super-premium account for less than 5% of the market.